Friday, November 21, 2008

Light At The End Of The Tunnel.

i had a great session at the gym today. as i was starting on the bench press i started talking to the guy on the bench next to me. his name was ron and he had to have been one of the happiest guys i've ever had the privilege to meet. while we were chatting he offered to help spot me on the bench. i gratefully accepted**. he really got me motivated to lift a LOT more than i was planning on. this is what i ended up doing:

set 1: 10reps @ 225lbs (my warm up set)
set 2: 12reps @ 275lbs
set 3: 10reps @ 295lbs
set 4: 6reps @ 315lbs
set 5: 3reps @ 365lbs!

that's right, i was putting up 365lbs on bench today. i haven't done that since before my mission! it seems i'm a lot closer to my goal of 400lbs than i thought. maybe i should aim for more? or maybe not? i think i'll keep the goal at 4oolbs and see how i feel once i actually get there.

as for the rest of the week i've gotten to the gym every day so far this week. i've lifted every day and i've done cardio on mon and wed. i needed to do cardio again today, but time didn't allow. i'll try and get back to the gym tomorrow morning before my family had there family pics at ten and get in another set of cardio.

for the first week of this blogs life i've felt good about my workouts. i've felt the pressure from this blog that i was hoping for, it's made me work harder at the gym and it's helped me when i've been faced with food choices, too. so keep reading this, people. keep the pressure coming. it's driving me right now. thanks for taking the time to read. i really appreciate it. :)


**having a spot while working out makes all the difference in the world. the great thing about a spot is that at the end of your set they help you get those extra few reps in that you normaly wouldn't be able to get, and it's in those last few reps when you're giving it all you have that you really tear down the muscle and get the best results. normaly i don't have a spot so i don't use too heavy of weight and i can't get those last few reps in because i don't want to risk not beinig able to push up the bar and being crushed to death (crushed=not good)

No comments: