Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First Update.

my numbers as of sat, 15th of sep

weight: 279.6
body fat: 36.7%

this is my starting point. if all goes as planned this should be the worst that both of those numbers will ever be for the rest of my life. if you do the math this works out to be that i have hanging on me right now 102.6lbs of pure fat. i have had friends that are adults that weigh less than that:) so here's the dilly-o, as i mentioned in my first post i don't have a set weight that i'm trying to get down to, but what i am hoping to do is cut into that 102.6lbs while at the same time adding good weight. i could care less if i was staying the exact same weight but loosing a pound of fat while gaining a pound of muscle. i'm excited to see how it works out. maybe after some time of tracking my weight and body fat i'll come up with some fancy pants graph to show how it's all changed.

as far as my workouts are concerned i've been very pleased with how they've been going. i've gotten to where i'm spending about an hour each time just lifting weights. i'm starting to work other lifts into my workout to really challenge my muscles and hopefully get better/quicker results. i also went running last night (monday night) for the first time in a LONG time. i think this might have been the first time since i was in high school that i've actually gone running for exercise. i've done the elliptical and stationary bike at the gym, but never just running on the street. i liked it. i did about a mile in 11 minutes. not good, i know, but a good starting point. the thing that i'm most excited for is that my knees aren't killing me today. usually if i do much running my knees ache a lot for the following week. which is one reason why i've avoided running. now i'm kind of looking forward to running some more and seeing if i can keep it up without my knees hurting. here's hoping.

one last note: tonight at the gym i saw a guy that looks exactly like hagrid in the harry potter movies. he had the really broad sholders/thick chest, HUGE beard and long hair. the only difference was that this guy was about 5'4"! it made me chuckle.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Way to go, Mark! We're looking at reaching our goals next Fall, too. Good luck. Keep us posted!

ジョッシュ said...

So that guy looked more like Gimli than Hagrid, eh?

Mark A. said...

I did an image search for Gimli, and yes, he looked almost just like him, he was just a little thicker in the chest.