Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cardio+Math=A Good Time.

i've noticed lately that i have a weird habit of doing math in my head when ever i'm doing any type of cardio workout. it usually takes about fifteen min to kick in, but then, for some reason, i just start taking any numbers i see around me and i start making math problems out of them. most often it starts by me working out what percentage of my work out i've completed and how much i have left. then it leads into working out a ratio of how many people are on machines vs how many are empty. i end up taking any set of numbers i can find around me and just throw them together any way i can. for some reason whenever my mind is fatigued, numbers just fill up my mind. i mostly have fractions and ratios come to mind, which is funny because i HATE working with fractions in my math classes. it's not that this bothers me or anything, i actually kind of like it, i just had no idea i had a math obsession like this.

so does this happen to anyone else? or am i just a strange duck with math on the brain?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I do this too all the time. Or I count things. I also make equations and try to find the value for x and y.

If math isnt my thing that day I make up stories about all the people in the workout room. Why they are there/what their family is like etc.

It is just easier for me when I have something in my head other than "Man, I am getting really tired when is this workout going to be over with?"

Jaime said...

strange duck :)

--jeff * said...

like you said, i didn't think you were all that into fractions and whatnot.
i suppose it's proof that the workout is really giving your mind a boost, too.

kwistin said...

Way to multitask! If I were more mathy, I'd do the same. But I'm not :(

I think I just daydream when I workout. Or I turn my brain off.

Mark A. said...

So i tried doing what Vishous mentioned and make up stories about the people around me, but for some reason i just can't be creative when my body is being stressed. Numbers just come a lot easier to me. If only I could find a productive way to put it to good use...