Thursday, December 18, 2008

Course Modification.

ok, so it's been about 17 days since my last post. i know, i suck. BUT, i haven't forgotten about this blog and my responsibility to all my readers. (considering there are any left. and if you are still reading, THANK YOU!) so, why have i been slacking on this blog? well, i'm not one to make excuses so let's just leave it at that i didn't get it done and go on.

i've realized that one major flaw in my plan for reaching my goals next year is this: they are the only goals i have. i know that most of you reading this are a lot smarter than me and have probably been wondering why i have only set two long-term goals and why i haven't been setting more short-term goals to help me reach them. i realized this earlier today and i haven't taken the time yet to set think out and set any short-term goals. if anyone has some good ideas, please feel free to let me know. i'm always up for input. as i've thought about it though i think that some of the easiest, most quantifiable goals would be weight loss goals. now like i said in an earlier post it's not my main focus to lose weight, but i'm tossing around the idea as using it as one of my short-term goals to help me on my way. also, i haven't put myself on any particular eating program, maybe i could set some goals for that? or maybe some lifting or work on getting faster times running? i just don't know yet. but as soon as i do i'll throw them up here for all to see.

you know, i'm actually really excited to have goals that i can work on and reach within a much shorter amount of time instead of waiting almost a year to see if i make it to my ultimate goals. it feels good to know that i'm actually going to be getting in shape and being healthy. in the past i've always just thought of it as something that would be nice to do someday, and left it at that. but now that i'm committed and i know i'm going to do it, it feels GREAT!

and by the way, i am still looking for someone to go running/swimming/biking with. (and don't worry, i wont out run you when we go, trust me :)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Of course we wouldn't leave! When it gets warmer, I'll run with you if you like, but until then I am using the gym...brrr! Too cold! An eating plan is almost as important as the exercising and lifting. I have one that I am trying to stick to, but haven't had the best luck with the holidays.

Shelly said...

Hey Mark,

We've got a great eating plan for you! Check out Bob Greene's The Best Life Diet. It's easy and you're never hungry - as long as you stick to the plan.

You're doing great.